AD HOC ASSISTANCE
In addition to my mentoring program, see below, I offer individual assistance on an as-needed basis. I charge $45/hour for these services. If I work with you at your location, then there is a 2 hour minimum. Please see the mentoring program details below for more info on how I can assist you with your artistic endeavors.
My mentoring program provides a variety of specialized services for artists. It is a step beyond classes, and is customized to meet your specific needs. Below is an overview of the program.
1st Step: Meet-N-Chat: no charge
High level meeting: (30 -45 minutes)
- mostly to see if we are compatible
- if you like my mentoring style
- show me your work
- discuss high level objectives
2nd Step: Goal setting meeting: $150*
*1/2 of this will be applied to your 1st month's mentoring fee if you decide to continue with the mentoring program.
2 - 3 hour meeting, in which we will:
- review your existing paintings
- discuss your goals, both short-term and long-term:
- establishing yourself as a business?
- social media?
- creating your brand?
- showing and/or selling your work?
- establishing a daily and/or weekly practice?
- developing your own unique "style"
- Establish a timetable of activities towards reaching your goals
- Select the activities we will work on together, at least for the first few months
3rd Step: Based on the activities you select for us to work on together, I will put together a document outlining our plan with the associated costs.
The monthly mentoring cost starts at $100/month, which covers up to 2 hours of my time, and goes up from there, depending on the activities chosen. There is no contract involved, so you pay month-to-month, and the fee will be outlined for each month, and can be modified as your needs change. Here are just a sampling of activities I can help you with:
Improve your paintings through:
- private lessons at your studio or mine
- weekly small group lessons (groups of 3-4)
- open studio (paint with me, but no lesson)
- critiques - virtual and/or in person
- periodic 2-3 day workshops on a variety of subjects
- help you develop a cohesive, marketable "style"
- help you develop your "story"
- logo and/or other graphic design development (I can create for you, or assist you in creating your own)
- Where and how to market & sell your work
- Assistance in sourcing places to show & sell
- Assistance in application process
- Building or enhancing your website and/or other online presence
Guidance on the business side:
Photographing your artwork:
- teach you how to photograph your artwork and edit your files in Photoshop
- and/or photograph your artwork for you, including editing
You can register for my classes and workshops here, or email me at JenniferDFerris@gmail.com with any questions or to schedule a "Meet-n-Chat."